BREAKING: Kim Jong-un Makes Shock Announcement – Media Stunned

The tension between the United States and North Korea is at an all time high. Every leader in the world is watching and waiting to see what will happen next.

It seems that despite the saber-rattling from North Korea, Kim Jong-un is backing off of his threat to bomb Guam, according to The Wall Street Journal.  The North Korean state run media reports that Kim Jong-un also said: “If the Yankees persist in their extremely dangerous reckless actions on the Korean Peninsula and in its vicinity, testing the restraint and the DPRK, the [North] will make an important decision as it already declared.”

Cause for alarm came when North Korea continued to test their missiles over the past couple of months. Their actions were making everyone–particularly the US, South Korea, and Japan–uncomfortable.

Fox News reports that Kim backed down after meeting with his military advisors following a statement by President Trump that essentially told him the ball was in his court. Kim realized that this was a battle that he was not going to win.

The president has been very outspoken about what would happen if North Korea decided to fire on Guam. In a tweet from late last week he stated that “Military solutions are now fully in place, locked and loaded, should North Korea act unwisely. Hopefully Kim Jong-un will find another path!”

This was not the first time that North Korea was sent a message to back down. When news of North Korea possessing nuclear weapons came to the forefront, the president promised “fire and fury” unlike anything the world has seen before if Kim decided to act.

Secretary of Defense James “Mad Dog” Mattis also said his piece about North Korea. According to The Hill, Mattis stated Monday that if Pyongyang decided to attack, it would be treated as an act of war.

Mattis said, “If they shoot at the United States, I’m assuming they hit the United States. If they do that, it’s game on.” It is assumed that North Korea finally realized that an attack on the United States would be a suicide mission for them.

This tension was bound to occur sooner or later, as Trump noted. North Korea has been acting in an aggressive manner toward the United States for a long time. But their threats have not been backed up with action. They have talked about their lethal capabilities, but have yet to display anything besides missile launches that may or may not be carrying payloads.

That North Korea has decided to back down doesn’t necessarily mean that Trump and Secretary Mattis are standing down in their vigilance. Preparations will continue to foment a plan to confront and contain North Korea and their despotic dictator, in the event he decides to threaten the US once again.

In North Korea, Kim Jong-un is backing off of his threat to bomb Guam. Does President Trump get credit for standing strong against this dictator?

Guam’s Homeland Security Advisor, George Charfauros, stated that North Korea’s behavior is “just a show of force,” due to their liberation day on Tuesday. In other words, they were just talking.

“It may be just a ruse. Today is an historic day for the Korean Peninsular…North Korea tends to use symbolism as part of their decision making,” Charfauros stated during an interview, according to The Independent.

Regardless, Kim Jong-un has been put on notice and when confronted with the stark reality of the US military’s potential, Kim backed down.

Christian News Alerts is genuine, conservative news for patriots.


Enter your real email address for daily news updates: