BREAKING: Fox News Superstar Fired

It looks like Fox News has lost yet another host to allegations of sexual harassment.

According to The Hill, Fox News host Eric Bolling will no longer work for the organization. The announcement comes after the host was suspended because of allegations that he sent inappropriate messages to female co-workers.

In a statement, Fox said, “Fox News Channel has cancelled The Specialists, and Eric Bolling and Fox have agreed to part ways amicably.” They continued, “We thank Eric for his ten years of service to our loyal viewers and wish him the best of luck.”

During his ten years as a Fox News host, Bolling co-hosted “The Specialists,” as well as a Saturday program called “Cashin’ In.”

Fox News suspended Bolling after the publication of a report by the Huffington Post. The report stated that at least two of Bolling’s female colleagues had received lewd pictures from him. The women allege that he sent the messages years ago on a number of different occasions. According to the Huffington Post, the images were highly offensive to the women that received them.

The Hill reports that a Fox spokesperson told them that Bolling was being investigated by the Paul Weiss law firm — the same company that looked into allegations of sexual harassment against former chairman and CEO Roger Ailes. Ailes was ousted only two days after the investigation began. He passed away shortly after his ousting.

According to The Hill, Bolling’s attorney has stated that the former host does not recall the messages and does not believe that he sent them,

“Mr. Bolling recalls no such inappropriate communications, does not believe he sent any such communications, and will vigorously pursue his legal remedies for any false and defamatory accusations that are made.”

After the Huffington Post story broke, Bolling responded with a $50 million defamation suit against the author of the article. The former host had previously been in talks with President Donald Trump’s transition team before Trump took office. They discussed Bolling possibly working in the Commerce Department, but he ultimately decided to renew his contract with Fox News.

Bolling’s departure is yet another indicator of the network’s current problems. Earlier this year, they lost Bill O’Reilly, who was their top-rated host, because of sexual harassment allegations. This happened when The New York Times reported that the former Fox News host paid $13 million to five women who claimed that the host sexually harassed them.

The Hill also reports that the network has lost three quarters of its primetime lineup since September of last year. Megyn Kelly went to NBC, while Greta Van Susteren decided to work for MSNBC — pandering to a more left/center audience.

Fox News has had a rough couple of years. Not only have they experienced multiple sexual harassment lawsuits, they have also had to deal with numerous accusations of racism. Recently, three former employees sued the company, alleging that the network is guilty of racial discrimination. This has caused many to believe that the network might be in more trouble than it seems.

 

Christian News Alerts is genuine, conservative news for patriots.


Enter your real email address for daily news updates: